Shoemaker Heating and Cooling is dedicated to helping homeowners make informed decisions when it comes to selecting the right hot water heater for their needs. Two popular options we often discuss with our customers are traditional hot water heaters and newer tankless water heaters. In this article, we will outline the differences between these two types of hot water heaters.
Traditional Hot Water Heaters
Traditional hot water heaters have been around for many years, and they are still widely used in homes throughout the United States. Here are some of the key features of traditional hot water heaters:
- Storage: A traditional water heater stores a large amount of hot water in a tank. This hot water is used as needed, and the tank is refilled and heated when the water temperature drops below a certain level.
- Size: Traditional hot water heaters can vary in size, with tanks ranging from 20 to 80 gallons.
- Cost: A traditional hot water heater is generally less expensive than a tankless water heater.
- Efficiency: A traditional hot water heater is less efficient than a tankless water heater, as they are constantly heating and reheating water in the tank, even when it is not being used.
- Lifespan: Traditional hot water heaters typically last 10 to 15 years, but this can vary depending on the quality of the unit and the level of maintenance.
Tankless Water Heaters
Tankless water heaters are a newer option that has gained popularity in recent years. Here are some of the key features of tankless water heaters:
- On-Demand: A tankless unit does not store hot water in a tank. Instead, they heat water on-demand as it is needed.
- Size: Tankless water heaters are typically smaller than traditional hot water heaters, as they do not require a large storage tank.
- Cost: Tankless water heaters are generally more expensive than traditional hot water heaters, but they can be more cost-effective in the long run due to their energy efficiency.
- Efficiency: Tankless water heaters are more energy-efficient than traditional hot water heaters, as they only heat water when it is needed. This means that they are not constantly using energy to keep a large tank of water heated.
- Lifespan: Tankless water heaters typically last 20 years or more, but this can vary depending on the quality of the unit and the level of maintenance.
Benefits of Tankless Water Heaters
While a tankless water heater is generally more expensive than traditional hot water heaters, there are several benefits to choosing a tankless option:
- Energy Savings: A tankless water heater can be up to 34% more energy-efficient than traditional hot water heaters, which can result in significant energy savings over time.
- Longer Lifespan: A tankless water heater typically lasts longer than traditional hot water heaters, which means that they may not need to be replaced as often.
- Space-Saving: Tankless water heaters are smaller than traditional hot water heaters, which can be beneficial for homeowners who have limited space.
- Consistent Hot Water: A tankless water heater can provide a continuous supply of hot water, which means that homeowners do not have to worry about running out of hot water during a shower or bath.
Choosing the Right Hot Water Heater for Your Home
At Shoemaker Heating and Cooling, we understand the importance of having a reliable hot water heater in your home. That's why we offer a wide range of services to ensure that your hot water heater is working efficiently and effectively. Whether you need a new hot water heater installed, repairs made to an existing unit, or routine maintenance performed, our team of experts is here to help.
Hot Water Heater Replacement
If your hot water heater is old, outdated, or not functioning properly, we can replace it with a new, energy-efficient unit. We will work with you to determine the right size and type of hot water heater for your specific needs, and we will handle the installation process from start to finish. Our team has years of experience installing hot water heaters of all types and brands, so you can trust us to provide high-quality service and workmanship.
In addition to hot water heater installations, we also offer repair and maintenance services. If you are experiencing issues with your hot water heater, such as leaks, strange noises, or a lack of hot water, our team can diagnose the problem and provide the necessary repairs. We also offer routine maintenance services to help prevent issues from occurring in the first place. By scheduling regular maintenance for your hot water heater, you can extend its lifespan and ensure that it is working as efficiently as possible.
At Shoemaker Heating and Cooling, we are committed to helping our clients stay comfortable and save money on their energy bills. Contact us today to schedule hot water heater services and experience the difference our team can make for your home.